Wednesday, April 25, 2012

RECORD LABEL LAUNCH

This past Sunday I joined Gladys Pizzaro (Cofounder of Strictly Rhythm and founder of Launch Entertainment) to her record label release party at XVI Rooftop Lounge in NYC. When I tell you that this party was amazing, it was AMAZING!!! 


It's funny how things flow in the universe. I met Gladys through a friend/life coach of mine named Noreen Sumpter. I've known Noreen for about five years now, and I must say, I never would've thought that five years later she'd be introducing me to such a great connection. This is why I stress how important nourishing great relationships are. Entertainment is a social business, so the more people you know the better. HOWEVER! When maturing, one must be selective of the company they keep. Birds of a feather flock together. It's true! So be a positive person who attracts positive people that will support & encourage your success, thus, add value to your life such as connecting you with the right people.

What I love even more is that although I attended this record label launch party and mingled with other creative professionals, everyone danced their asses off! I can't remember the last time I went to an industry event where every celebrity said, "Fuck what I look like tonight! I'm getting my dance on!" and allowed their make up to run, and their hair to frizz while they worked up a sweat. Yes, it was that kind of party! Good Times!

(Singer) Jasmine Clemente, (Founder) Gladys Pizzaro, (Producer) Oscar P.
So let's see what happens next... As I journey through this road to success, I report the high's and low's as they come. And thank god, this entry was one of the best ones to post since I had such an amazing time in a great environment.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jasmine great to hear all this wonderful news, also I was wondering if you knew any record labels that are excepting new artist. You may not know but I manage a Polish band, they just released their first track in English, so if you have any info please let me know, God Bless.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think about these blog entries? Find them helpful, funny, boring, ignorant or enlightening? Keep it real and post comments - and no worries; I'm a New Yorker, I can handle it! ;)