How To Be Happy With What You DO HAVE Instead Of Being Sad About What You DON'T HAVE
Last night I stayed home watching DVD's underneath the covers. As I lye comfortable but a little lonely, (wishing I had a companion to spend my leisure time with) I saw a coming attraction based on a true story about a teenage surfer who got her arm snapped off by a shark. For a moment it made me realize, being single should be the least of my worries when things can be so much worst.
Just when you think that life is lonely, tough, or unfair, stop to think about how blessed you are. Do you have all of your body parts connected in the right places? All 10 fingers and 10 toes? Are you healthy? If someone tells you a funny joke, do you still laugh?
I think most people know that life is not a perfect fairy tale for anyone, but there are those who tend to always find something to complain about. They might think that rich people have it easier than poor people - that the rich have nicer homes, nicer cars, nicer clothes, nicer places to attend. Or they might hate their dead end job but stay working there because it's paying the bills. They might also hate their marriage and wish they were single & free, or they might be single & free but wish they were married.
What I've noticed is that if we constantly focus on how much more others have, then we miss out on what we already do have. You see... The only way to attract success is to live as if you already are successful, and that comes from a feeling within (that you can't fake). Here are some ways that you can lift up your vibrations. First, check off what you have on the list below so you can notice how many blessings you already have and how to expand them. Do you have...
- To watch a beautiful sunset on the beach and clear the clutter in your mind.
- To watch a movie, such as a comedy to make you laugh or a classic that touches your heart.
- To choose what you're going to wear & how you're going to look (present yourself) when you go to work, to an event, or to meet friends.
- To see how happy your friends or relatives look on their important days (ex. Graduations, Weddings, Birthdays, Award Ceremonies, etc)
- To paint the walls of your home any color you choose, and to pick the type of furniture you want. (This can be as small as a matching dish set)
- To hear music that will make you dance, sing along to it, or feel good.
- To hear dialog in a movie, a play, or a religious temple so you can follow the story and understand its message.
- To have meaningful conversations with people; to communicate with your neighbors, your coworkers, your family, and/or your companion. (There are people who lose their hearing in bad accidents)
- To be able to walk into a place you really want to be in, and to be able to walk out of a place you really don't want to be in.
- To be able to exercise your body, go jogging with earplugs, go swimming, or dancing at a club that plays music you love.
- To get into your car and take a drive for a weekend getaway, or even take a train to travel to another state.
The reason why I began with those basic functions, eyesight, hearing, and your ability to walk, is because there are people who have all of these basic functions working at top speed but still find things to complain about, such as not having enough money, not having enough space in their apartment, being in a dead end relationship, not being attractive enough, or not living in a nice neighborhood - the list goes on! But I assure you, if you want to attract successful opportunities for a better job, a better companionship, to attract more money or to look more attractive, you must live from a place of gratitude and inner joy.
For example, if you don't like your current job, then get a better job. You have the eyesight to research what you might like, to apply, to take a course study, to write cover letters and to look presentable on your interview. What's stopping you? If you'd prefer to own your own business rather than work for someone else, you can take out books from the library on how to create a business plan, and then go to seminars, or go to places where you might run into an investor. To be successful in any business or field, be it entertainment, sports, culinary, literature, medical, education, science, etc, you must come from a place of joy that fuels confidence from within. Have a can-do attitude! And stop saying that it's too hard, or that you don't have enough money, or that no one wants to help you, or that life is unfair.
Maybe starting this blog about a teenage girl who got her arm snapped off by a shark was a harsh way to begin this entry, but being that it's based on a true story, I think it was a good way to reference how blessed we already are when we forget what we DO HAVE instead of complaining about what we DON'T HAVE. Do you have all of your body parts? A roof over your head? A bathroom to freshen up in? You are probably already blessed beyond comprehension but possibly don't realize it out of focusing on what you don't have. But I assure you, if you want to have more, you must first start by being grateful for what you already have. A positive mindset will work towards achieving and accomplishing more because you'll realize that you already have all of the necessary tools to create the life you want. So get busy living!!! :)