Monday, April 18, 2011

CREEPY LITTLE doubts...

Sometimes I question why I put so much energy into my creative career because of all the sacrifices that have come with it. Between hearing people tell me that I'm wasting my youth from investing so many hours and days into a career that is extremely spontaneous instead of sticking to a secure job so I could have the weekends to myself, (planning vacations & having a normal social life) I've actually considered having a plan B. However, plan B, is beginning to sound like the word "BUT" to me.

"But what if I fail?"
"But what if I end up broke in the end?"
"But what if no one likes my projects?"

Yada, yada, yada... All of these excuses are exactly what they are: Excuses. Okay, so we all have doubts from time to time. Maybe that's normal because we're human. But the key is not to allow our fears to swallow us whole. No, because I feel that it's important for us to grow BIGGER than the fear and eventually have fear run away from us!

And that's what it's all about to me. They say that LIFE IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT, right? But no one said that pursuing your goals would be easy. However, do you want to become someone who allows things to just happen to you, or someone who decides to create the life you want without being lazy, scared, or making excuses for why it can't be done? I say, if you can't beat 'em, create a new team!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about these blog entries? Find them helpful, funny, boring, ignorant or enlightening? Keep it real and post comments - and no worries; I'm a New Yorker, I can handle it! ;)