Monday, December 12, 2011

PHILADELPHIA PERFORMANCE

Event Coordinator Chris Moore & Singer Jasmine Clemente
Last week on Saturday, December 3rd, I was a featured act for a NATIVE SOUL AMBASSADORS Party held at The Arts Garage in Pennsylvania's funky town, Philadelphia. The event coordinator, Chris Moore, had asked me to come down to perform my single, "Free My Spirit", and boy did I do just that!

The stage was amazing! Behind me were large projector screens shuffling vibrant nature clips to enhance the vibe of my presence. And the audience members - Love 'em! A crowd of curious onlookers surrounded the stage at all four corners with their cameras and phones held up, making me just a little nervous because it was my first time performing out of state. And shit, I was representing NEW YORK! So you know I had to bring my A - Game!

Well at first, I can't lie... The butterflies fluttered in my belly. I felt each one flapping its wings as the frequency within me fluctuated up & down; my nerves jittering. But just like most of the time, eventually something snapped in my head. "Uh... Hello... You're a singer with a record out and you can blow the house down. So DO IT!" And that's when I started singing like it was nobody's business! I sought, conquered, and came alive.. Yes, it was a great house party!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about these blog entries? Find them helpful, funny, boring, ignorant or enlightening? Keep it real and post comments - and no worries; I'm a New Yorker, I can handle it! ;)