Friday, November 5, 2010

THE PROCESS

Patience is a virtue. This is because realistically, we can't just get what we want at the SNAP OF A FINGER. It actually takes "action" to make our dreams come true. See... I hear why certain people advise about not getting caught up in a dream that won't materialize, however, that is because if one doesn't take "action", then it will remain just a desirable vision and/or wish. But for those who understand "The Law of Attraction," we know that we will attract the right situations into our lives according to what we put out into the universe. Therefore, whatever it is that you want to become or do... just DO IT... and you will attract other individuals who are on the same frequency that you are on, hence, the right opportunities will arise.

Now, sometimes people become "over night successes" but sometimes they don't. Sometimes it just takes a little longer...Like ten or twenty years longer! But does that mean you give up? HELL NO. You have your whole life to live, so at what age are you saying that you would like to die?

Today I am working on three different songs. What I do is... I work on each for about two hours. Usually I write lyrics at night, but today I'm starting in the afternoon. I also decided to take a break and write this down because I know that there will be someone like me one day... or maybe a few... who will feel overwhelmed by external voices from other people saying, "Don't do it", "It's a waste of time", "You'll end up broke", "There's too much competition", etc, etc... And you may begin to have doubts, fears, and second thoughts about going the full distance because you don't want to look like a fool.

Well I've got news for you. PAY YOUR DUES.

You know how people go to College to become Doctors, lawyers, teachers, etc... but while they're there, they take an internship that pays nothing or just offers college credit? Well, in the beginning, many artists have to take a lot of nonpaying jobs just to get their foot into the door too; so there's not much of a significant difference between college students and struggling artists. Sometimes you might get into a magazine that doesn't pay, or be an extra on a major film set that only ends up showing a thirty second clip of your side profile that nobody even notices. The same way that interns begin by doing the basics such as making coffee for the big boss, filing and faxing, filtering all those annoying incoming calls just to say, "The Boss is in the middle of a meeting right now. So Can I please take a message?" Well, what their doing is... They're paying their dues. So go ahead... if you want to make it in show business, go out there and hustle. Record your demos, appear on music video sets, get into commercials, be a background vocalist for someone else on tour, or write those songs in the middle of the night when inspiration begins to spark.

The point is... JUST DO IT!

There is a process to becoming successful. Even people who are happy at their 9 to 5 jobs; They too understand that they must save money in order to purchase their own house so they won't have to pay rent all of their lives, but it still takes time. So don't beat yourself up if things don't happen immediately. The point is, that this is YOUR life and no one is going to be having the same thoughts that YOU will have when you're on your death bed. And believe me, you don't want to lay there and have the "should'a, could'a, would'as." Just think... Imagine if Jennifer Lopez, Hillary Swank, Barack Obama, and Leonardo DiCaprio never pursued their dreams? Imagine if Gloria Estefan never rebelled in her early twenties to become part of the "Miami Sound Machine"? Maybe that opened up a door for Jennifer Lopez as an in-demand, hot Latina in the entertainment industry... We know that the Mexican singer, Selena's role did.

Okay, so here I am... completing one song, and then I'm going to work on the second one. Hopefully by tonight I'll be on my third. However... it doesn't mean that these songs will be PERFECTED tonight. But what I am doing is, I am starting the process so when I go into the studio next week, I have ideas to work with. Then, on this coming Sunday, November 7th 2010, I will be recording a music video for "Lotus Flower."

So you see... I'm doing what I have dreamt of doing, and as I go along, my music will enhance, the videos will enhance, the money will grow, and other opportunities will arise. But the important thing is to keep going. So regardless of what people tell you, don't give up on yourself -unless of course, you're a toxic drug abuser! Those kinds of habits you quit, but not this - not what you were born to do.

AS A MATTER OF FACT.... Watch this clip below. Trust me... Would I steer you wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about these blog entries? Find them helpful, funny, boring, ignorant or enlightening? Keep it real and post comments - and no worries; I'm a New Yorker, I can handle it! ;)